Why Make a Mission Trip
Why do Short-Term Missions?
This question can be answered by considering the return on the investment in terms of changed lives and a changed world. There are benefits to team members themselves, to the sending church, to the host missionary, to the host community, church or project. The cross-cultural team experience develops world Christians as it allows team members to see another culture as it really is…allowing God to experientially teach them and mold their lives.
Benefits to the short term mission participants…they are more likely to:
- Pray consistently and with real understanding and vision for world missions
- Donate time and financial resources to missions
- Become actively involved in church leadership as elders, deacons, Sunday school teachers, etc.
- Become involved in local community outreach
- Become involved in local church and its ministry
- Consider becoming a long-term missionary either now or in the future